In October 2019, Living LFS presented our first annual Living LFS Family Camp at Camp-Mak-A-Dream in Gold Creek, Montana! It was an unqualified success, and we’re just getting started!!
Visit livinglfs.org/donate and help us make the NEXT Living LFS Family Camp a reality!
Thank you to all the families, loved ones and caregivers who attended our first family camp and shared their experiences – and their hearts – with one another.
Heartfelt thanks to all the professionals on our medical, genetic and psychosocial team who shared their time, knowledge and expertise with us:
- Genetic counselors Becca Vanderwall and Jaclyn Schienda from Dana Farber Cancer Institute
- Dr. Luke Maese, D.O., genetic counselors Jennie Vagher and Wendy Kohlmann, and study coordinator Jo Anson from Huntsman Cancer Institute
- Genetic counselor Betsy Smith and nurse Aria Roland from Benefis Sletten Cancer Institute
- Genetic counselor Carly Grant from Massachusetts General Hospital Center for Cancer Risk Assessment
- Catherine Wilsnack, MSW from the National Cancer Institute (NCI)
- Dietician Dr. Colleen Spees from the Ohio State University College of Medicine
Clinical Health Psychologist Dr. Jeanelle Folbrecht from City of Hope National Medical Center
Thank you to Camp-Mak-A-Dream for the beautiful location, accommodations and amenities for the Living LFS Family Camp!
Thank you Beth and Jennifer for helping us get set up and have fun on the zipline, thanks to Jake for taking care of all our archery and grounds needs, and of course thanks to Joe and Louann for the super food!
And finally, this camp would not have been possible without the innumerable Facebook birthday fundraisers, individual contributions and anonymous donations that came in since we first announced this event. HUGE thanks to all of the donors who made the 2019 Living LFS Family Camp possible!